Nourish Your Soul, Build Strength, Gain Flexibility, Breathe Easy.
Hatha Yoga includes:
Breathing Practices to help still the mind, slow down the body while increasing your energy levels; Postures and Body Movement to develop strength and stamina, to increase our flexibility and to improve our balance and coordination; Deep Relaxation to alleviate tension and stress while inducing calmness and inner peace, leaving one refreshed and with greater awareness which can offer insight into long standing physical and emotional conditions.
At ABT Yoga, the focus of our teaching recognizes that we are all different. We teach so the needs of our students are taken into account, and though Yoga may be challenging to us in many ways, at ABT Yoga we foster an atmosphere of acceptance, support and friendly faces.
- Beginners welcome … a mixed level class incorporating Yoga postures, movement with breath awareness and a deep relaxation…Everyone is welcome!
- Detailed instruction and/or demonstration is given, as well as how to modify for your individual needs.
- A mixed level Hatha Class, warming the body, and stimulating the mind.
- A great start to the day….
- Rejuvenate yourself, soothing, and relaxing.
- Safe and slow, a foundation practice.
- Suitable for those with injuries, it may still be a challenge, but in a way that is effective and fun.
- For the more experienced.
- A continuous practice is normally a prerequisite.
(Please phone if you have any questions.)
- Intermediate means a number of things, including challenging and/or subtler practices. May also include more difficult postures, dynamic movement or extended holding of postures, pranayama (breathing practices) and the use of sound or chanting.
- Yin Yoga will help restore and maintain the natural mobility in your joints. The emphasis on stillness and silence promotes a deeper experience. The poses are held passively for longer periods to support and enhance your well being.
- Hatha YTT will have yoga teacher training students both participating and teaching, with Ken and Karen participating and teaching. Beginners welcome.
- A flow of poses and movement with focus on safety and alignment, while building strength & stamina.
- Some yoga experience is necessary.